Parker Poe’s sophisticated tax practice handles complex federal, state, local and international tax matters for a wide range of clients. Our tax attorneys advise clients on the tax implications of a broad spectrum of transactions, handle complex tax audits, appeals and other tax controversies, structure internal reorganizations, negotiate tax credits and incentives and assist clients with wealth and estate planning. Our tax attorneys have a diverse background and include former high-level state and federal governmental officials and Big Four tax accounting experience.
Parker Poe’s tax team has substantial experience in multiple areas of tax law, including:
- Federal income tax advice and planning, including representing clients in tax-intensive business restructurings and tax controversy and litigation
- State and local tax planning and representation of clients in tax controversies, including audit defense, administrative appeals, trial and appellate court litigation
- International taxation, including both inbound and outbound tax planning and cross-border mergers and acquisitions
- Advising clients on federal and state and local tax incentives and credits
- Representation of tax-exempt organizations with respect to a broad range of tax, governance and transactional matters
- Trust and estate planning and administration