Parker Poe has a robust government contracting and False Claims Act compliance, investigations and defense practice, including attorneys from our government investigations, litigation and health care groups. Our attorneys have experience handling matters on behalf of the government as well as in private practice, including a former federal prosecutor who prosecuted major health care False Claims Act matters. Our team has experience serving clients in a variety of industries, including health care and life sciences (defending, among other things, the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law and upcoding violations), defense contracting, and the financial services industry (housing or mortgage fraud). We have a proven track record of success helping clients prevent state and federal False Claims Act violations to begin with, as well as avoiding prosecution and negotiating reduced fines and penalties when such violations do arise.
As members of the team, our attorneys regularly assist clients with:
- Preparing and conducting audits for client companies, identifying regulatory areas of key practices that pose business risk and legal liability exposure under the False Claims Act
- Providing training and counseling to client companies and their employees to prevent and correct practices that pose business risk exposure and legal liability under the False Claims Act
- Representing companies in False Claims Act investigations related to Service-Disabled Veteran Operated Small Business (SDVOSB) program, the Department of Defense programs, the Medicaid Investigations Unit of the North Carolina Attorney General’s Office, as well as numerous investigations by the Department of Justice
- Representing companies in False Claims Act cases related to claims submitted to Medicare, Medicaid and TRICARE
- Advising, counseling and assisting defense of pharmaceutical and biotech companies in False Claims Act litigation involving off-label usage and PBM/GPO arrangements