Criminal & Regulatory White Collar Compliance
Parker Poe’s Government Investigations & White Collar Defense group represents and defends clients (both individuals and entities) facing prosecution or government investigations, state and federal, in a variety of industries. Our team also assists clients who are themselves the victim of crime, typically from rogue employees, vendors or competitors. We counsel clients in various areas of criminal and regulatory law to identify and avoid risk by designing and implementing compliance and detection policies to avoid scrutiny from regulators or law enforcement in the first place.
As members of the team, our attorneys regularly assist clients with:
- Preparing and conducting audits for client companies, identifying regulatory areas of key practices that pose business risk and legal liability exposure under various areas of criminal and regulatory law
- Representing individuals and companies in grand jury investigations
- Representing individuals and companies in investigations by the Department of Defense, Department of State, Department of Justice and many other federal agencies
- Representing individuals and companies in state criminal and regulatory investigations
- Assisting companies with subpoena and civil investigative demand response